The Data Centre Chief Engineer (CE) is responsible for ensuring that all electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment within the data centre is operating at peak efficiency. This involves both planned preventative maintenance of equipment, daily corrective work, and emergency response to emergent issues. The CE serves as an expert technical resource reporting to a site's Data Centre Facility Manager, Senior Operations Manager and interacting with onsite FMT(Facilities Management Team) and DC Ops(Data Centre Operations) and any third party vendors. They are expected to be a singular focal point for all facility operations within a given data centre and to support BDx within its owned and operated data centres.
• Minimum 5+years of relevant work experience in a data centre in similar capacity or other critical environment and/or experience with relevant data centre facilities equipment.
• This technical leadership position brings a 24/7 presence to support the engineering operations technicians on site and to be available to respond site specific needs.
• Walk jobsites in uneven terrain.
• Work at heights and from ladders.
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 22kg ; and participate in group lifts for 22kg or more.
• Coordinate body movements when using tools or equipment.
• Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance.
• Bend or twist the body into unusual positions while working.
• Perform physical tasks all day without becoming overly tired.
• Use hands to manipulate small wires and objects.
• Work in a noisy environment.
• Work at depths, such as under raised floors.
• Oversee the day-to-day operations and maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment in a data centre.
• Operate independently with limited direct management.
• Act as an escalation point for all facilities-related issues within the data centre, escalating to the Data Centre Facility Manager as needed, and work OT hours as needed to support site stability.
• Perform root cause analysis of equipment failures.
• Troubleshoot and report of facility and generation of all incident reports relating to Facilities.
• Create and deploy new standard practices for Facilities Management Technicians, DC Operations Engineers, and vendor support teams.
• Provide training and guidance to Facilities Management Technicians.
• Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to by vendor and BDx staff.
• Communicate complex technical information to a non-technical audience.
Please get your resume ready and click HERE to apply. Your email subject format should be JOB TITLE + YOUR FULL NAME.