Manage Service Transition Program Manager
The MS Transition Program Manager is responsible for the successful planning and execution of transition projects within the Data Center Managed Services department. This role plays a crucial part in coordinating with various stakeholders, establishing project management protocols, and creating comprehensive reporting mechanisms to ensure a seamless transition process.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Transition Project Management:
- Plan, execute, and oversee transition projects, including rectification, management transition, change management, and other related initiatives.
- Develop project plans, schedules, and budgets to ensure on-time and within-budget project delivery.
- Stakeholder Coordination:
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders, including clients, internal teams, vendors, and partners, to ensure project objectives are met.
- Maintain effective communication channels and ensure alignment with project goals.
- Change Management:
- Implement effective change management processes to minimize disruptions during transitions and ensure a smooth shift from the current state to the desired state.
- Reporting and Project Management:
- Develop and maintain robust reporting mechanisms to track project progress, milestones, and KPIs.
- Use project management tools and methodologies to monitor and manage project status.
- Risk Management:
- Identify potential risks and issues that may affect project timelines and take proactive steps to mitigate them.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Quality Assurance:
- Establish and uphold quality standards for transition projects, with a focus on delivering high-quality outcomes.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., Project Management, Business Administration).
- Proven experience (10 years +) in transition management, project management, or related roles.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to create project plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management abilities.
- Familiarity with change management principles and methodologies.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to assess and address project-related challenges.
- Knowledge of industry standards and regulations related to data center transitions.
- Knowledge of Data Center Facilities and Operations
Competencies & Behavioral Skills (“E” for Essential and “D” for Desirable)
- Project Management (E): Demonstrated proficiency in project management, including planning, execution, and tracking of transition projects to ensure they are delivered on time and within budget.
- Stakeholder Coordination(E): Strong ability to collaborate with and manage multiple stakeholders, including clients, internal teams, vendors, and partners, to ensure project objectives are achieved.
- Change Management(D): Expertise in implementing change management principles and methodologies to minimize disruptions during transitions and ensure a smooth transition from the current state to the desired state.
- Reporting and Project Management(E): Proficiency in creating and maintaining robust reporting mechanisms to track project progress, milestones, and key performance indicators (KPIs). Utilize project management tools and methodologies for efficient project tracking and management.
- Risk Management(D): Skill in identifying potential risks and issues that may impact project timelines and implementing proactive mitigation strategies. Ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Quality Assurance(E): A commitment to maintaining and upholding high-quality standards for transition projects, with a focus on delivering high-quality outcomes.
- Leadership(E): Effective leadership skills to guide and motivate project teams, fostering collaboration and achieving project goals.
- Communication(E): Excellent verbal and written communication skills to convey complex technical information and project status updates to a diverse audience of stakeholders.
- Adaptability(D): Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and prioritize tasks effectively in a dynamic project environment.
- Problem-Solving(D): Strong problem-solving skills to address operational challenges, resolve issues, and make informed decisions to keep projects on track.
- Analytical Thinking(E): Proficiency in analyzing project data and metrics to assess project performance and make data-driven decisions for continuous improvement.
- Time Management(D): Effective time management skills to meet project deadlines and manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Collaboration(D): A collaborative and teamwork-oriented approach to working with team members, stakeholders, and partners.
- Conflict Resolution(D): Proficiency in managing and resolving conflicts or disputes among team members or stakeholders, promoting productive working relationships.
- Initiative(E): A proactive and self-motivated approach to project management, taking initiative to drive project success.
- Ethical Conduct(E): A commitment to upholding ethical standards and integrity in all aspects of project management.