Chief Executive Officer – Taiwan
Reporting to Group CEO, as the first in command of our business in Taiwan, the incumbent will lead, develop, manage and oversee all aspects of the Company’s operations for our business in Taiwan. He / she will have full P&L responsibility for our business in Taiwan, accountable for deploying new data centers in Taiwan, and building sales channels to drive sales through partners and hyperscalers.
The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with a proven track record of driving revenue growth and profitability, preferably in the data center industry. Additionally, he / she is a hands-on leader willing to roll up their sleeves and work closely with the team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the Company’s business in Taiwan.
- Develop and execute the Company’s business strategy for Taiwan, aligned with the overall corporate strategy, goals, missions and visions.
- Take sole ownership of P&L responsibilities. Drive revenue growth and profitability in the business, monitoring and managing critical financial metrics.
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results.
- Build and lead a high-performing team. Provide leadership, direction, coaching and support to ensure to achieve desired business results.
- Establish standards and principles in strict adherence to local regulations and compliances. Ensure compliance with local laws, regulations, and ethical standards related to data center operations.
- Develop strong relationship within the data center ecosystem including key customers, partners, regulatory authorities, the power utilities, and all stakeholders in the local market.
- Build sales channels to drive sales through partners and hyperscalers, expanding the Company’s reach and market share in the local market.
- Act as the company’s representative in Taiwan for the business, ensuring a healthy brand equity and fostering positive relationships with the local community. Ongoing identification of synergies & opportunities across the industry and staying ahead of competition.
- Lead the deployment of new data centers in Taiwan, from site selection and acquisition to construction and launch.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Work closely with the global data center team and other parties to ensure collaborative business development, best practices and optimize business strategies.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or a related field.
- MBA is preferred.
Competencies & Behavioral Skills (“E” for Essential and “D” for Desirable)
- E – At least 15-20 years of relevant experience. Data center experience is must.
- E – Proven track record of success in a senior leadership role in the data center industry, preferably as a CEO or
- General Manager, with experience managing multi-functional teams.
- E – Familiar with Taiwan local market for data center services. Strongly networked within Taiwan data center ecosystem including with the regulatory authorities, the power utilities, as well as with vendor, suppliers, and customers from the Enterprise and Hyperscale sectors.
- E – Proficiency in Mandarin and English.
- E – Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and presentational skills.
- E – Result-oriented and goal-driven. Able to influence others effectively.
- E – Able to work collaboratively with all stakeholders and people at all levels across different functions and regions.
- E – A strategic thinker with strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills.