BDX China Counsel
Legal, Regulatory and Compliance
Data Centers & Related Services
The BDX China Counsel is a leadership role, responsible for managing the provision of strategic, high quality timely and cost effective legal services.
This requires a hands-on can do approach to partner with and advise the BDX business to support and advise across:
(a) Commercial and contract law; communications law, mergers and acquisitions; regulatory; dispute resolution; privacy; IT; procurement; intellectual property; and competition law;
(b) Regulatory and compliance, risk management and corporate governance; and
(c) Company secretarial.
This role reports to the BDX GC, and also skip level to the BDX CEO.
The role will be a trusted advisor to the BDX team and ensure that BDX operates in accordance law, regulation, policy and in the best interests of stakeholders including customers and shareholders.
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree holder in Law
- Admitted to practice law in China
- Current practising certificate
Skills and Experience:
- Substantial experience as a senior lawyer (10+PQE) providing legal advise to leaders, executive and board. This will be gained in an in-house legal team ideally in an IT, data center, telecommunications or technology business. Or in a leading firm practicing in these areas.
- Significant exposure to a wide range of law including commercial and contract law; company law, mergers and acquisitions; regulatory; dispute resolution; privacy; IT; procurement; intellectual property; anti-bribery; sanctions; and competition law.
- Substantial experience in operating in key jurisdictions including; (a) China and Hong Kong;(b) Singapore and India (ideally); and (c) Indonesia (ideally).
- Strong stakeholder management skills and experience in building relationships of trust and influencing outcomes across a range of stakeholders.
- Business judgement with the ability to develop pragmatic solutions to challenging business issues. This includes confidence to constructively give full and frank advice with a focus on risk management (not risk minimization).
- Internal and external negotiation skills.
- Strong customer focus and ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationships.
- Proven ability to act independently and provide commercially focused legal advice with a high degree of integrity.
- Experience with risk management and compliance.
- Proven ability to review, draft and edit documents.
- Good command in both spoken and written English and Chinese(Mandarin).
- Ability to work cross culturally as a cohesive team.
- Manage the provision of legal services and deliver high quality, commercially focused, cost effective and independent legal services to BDX
- Risk management: Maintain a comprehensive approach to risk, risk management and compliance.
- Stakeholder Management: Build and maintain relationships of trust with key stakeholders
- Operational leadership: lead and develop processes and systems to improve efficiency and quality of services; engage and manage external lawyers as required
- Manage legal spend to meet or beat budget
- Execute for results and help deliver sustainable value to stakeholders
- People leadership: Develop and inhouse and external capability
- Regulatory and company secretary
Please get your resume ready and click HERE to apply. Your email subject format should be JOB TITLE + YOUR FULL NAME.