Manage Service Critical Facility Manager
The MS Critical Facility Manager will play a pivotal role in establishing and maintaining data center operations, developing Change Management protocols, and creating SOP and Emergency Operating Procedures for collocation facilities in the region. This technical leader will oversee a team of professionals and consultants, manage data centers, and ensure vendors meet SLAs. Additionally, the manager will support new data center projects, propose energy-efficient solutions, and provide mission-critical system review services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operations and Procedures:
Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to establish and maintain data center operations.
Develop and implement Change Management protocols and tools.
Create and enhance Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Emergency Operating Procedures (EOP) for collocation facilities.
- Team Leadership:
Oversee a team of professionals and consultants to ensure effective implementation of data center operations, both in normal and emergency situations.
Provide technical guidance and mentorship to team members.
- Vendor Management:
Manage collocation data centers and ensure vendors adhere to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) as per contractual terms.Monitor vendor performance and address any non-compliance issues.
- Project Support:
Assist the project manager with construction administration for new data center projects, from schematic design to commissioning.Collaborate with internal stakeholders to support project phases, including design development and construction documents.
- Energy Efficiency:
Propose, evaluate, and implement energy-efficient solutions to minimize power losses in data center facilities.
- Change Management:
Develop comprehensive scripts and guidelines for Change Management Request (CMR) activities.
- Site Visits and Audits:
Conduct regular visits to data center sites for engineering studies, electrical system audits, startup testing, and full commissioning, as required.
- Mission-Critical System Review:
Offer mission-critical system review services for electrical systems, collaborating with data center engineering teams globally.
- Incident Response:
Participate in Root-Cause-Analysis (RCA) of equipment failure or power outage-related incidents.
Respond to emergencies in regional Alibaba data centers as needed, providing on-site support by traveling to the site.
Qualifications & Experience
- A degree in Electrical or Mechanical engineering at the Bachelor’s level.
- At least 8 years of experience in the data center facility management role.
- A comprehensive understanding of the mechanical, electrical, fire system, and control systems used in data centers.
- Familiarity with principles and best practices for IT service delivery.
- A highly motivated individual who can manage themselves, with extensive experience in problem analysis and critical thinking.
- Understanding of the construction procedures for data centers.
- Excellent communication and leadership skill
- Willingness to travel to data center sites across the country
- Fluent English is essential.
- Expertise in energy-efficiency solution for DC
Competencies & Behavioral Skills (“E” for Essential and “D” for Desirable)
- Technical Expertise (E): Profound knowledge of data center facility management, including mechanical and electrical systems, fire systems, and control systems, to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
- Change Management(E): Strong proficiency in Change Management protocols and a track record of effectively implementing changes in data center operations.
- Problem Analysis(E): Highly skilled in problem analysis and critical thinking, with a proven ability to identify and resolve complex issues in data center operations.
- Construction Knowledge(D): Understanding of the construction procedures specific to data centers, enabling effective collaboration with construction and engineering teams.
- Travel Flexibility(D): The ability to travel domestically across the country
- Software Proficiency(D): Proficiency with software tools, particularly BMS, DCIM, and another software for data analysis, reporting, and presentations.
- Leadership (E): Effective leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire, mentor, and guide team members to achieve their best.
- Adaptability(D): The capability to adapt to changing circumstances and prioritize tasks effectively in a dynamic data center environment.
- Project Management(D): Proficiency in project management, particularly in construction administration and commissioning, to ensure successful project execution.
- Communication(E): Excellent communication skills for interacting with team members, stakeholders, and vendors, both verbally and in written reports.
- Initiative(D): A proactive, highly motivated individual who can manage themselves, take initiative, and drive improvements within the organization.
- Critical Thinking(E): Strong critical thinking skills to assess situations, make informed decisions, and troubleshoot complex problems effectively.
- Problem-Solving(D): Exceptional problem-solving abilities for addressing operational challenges, conducting root-cause analysis, and finding innovative solutions.
- Time Management (D): Effective time management skills to meet deadlines and balance multiple responsibilities efficiently.