Electrical Design Consultant
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for design and planning of electrical power systems for mission critical Datacenter projects.
- Responsible for design and specifications of power and control systems, system layouts, load calculations, equipment sizing and selection, performing calculations of lighting systems and associated controls for assigned projects.
- Assist with PM and oversight of Team to ensure projects are meeting deadlines.
- Interface with code officials and contractors, working with architects and other clients.
- Communicate with Clients and other MEP and AEC disciplines.
- Work closely with the mission critical team globally.
- Provide thought leadership on Mission Critical designs.
- Capable of concepting electrical system topology.
- Responsible for driving the bulk of design work.
- Oversee design/production staff.
- Lead project/client pursuits/proposals.
- Manage Vendor & Client relationships.
- Must be willing to travel approximately 25%.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited College or University.
- 10+ years of experience in Energy Engineering or Energy Management with a focus on energy conservation for critical facilities.
- Experience with Datacenter BMS Projects.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- AutoCAD experience is required.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Leadership in Energy and Environment Design (LEED) AP or equivalent program.
- Professional Engineering License preferred.
- Ability to design in CADD is expected and design ability in Revit is a plus, but preferred.
Competencies & Behavioral Skills (“E” for Essential and “D” for Desirable)
- E – Strategic Thinking
- E – Ability to set goals and execute vision
- E – Ability to work to tight deadlines and produce good quality work
- E – Able to multitask to manage multiple projects
- E – Confident at presenting and talking to clients and vendors
- E – Self-motivated and resourceful; able to multi-task and focus on delivering results
- E – An articulate communicator with good written communication skills