DC Automation Lead
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead new project control engineering design, quality approval, process control, product evaluation, vendor proposals, evaluation of product reliability, automated testing, software, research and development.
- This position will be responsible for control systems strategies, design and specifications.
- Collaborate with multiple teams across different disciplines.
- Drive project schedules while working closely with other disciplines to ensure milestones and completion dates are on track.
- Work simultaneously on multiple projects, in a team or independently with little to no oversight
- Work closely with clients and subcontractors to provide support and technical guidance in building automation.
- Individuals will be accountable for carrying out the conceptual, basic and detailed design and specification of HVAC Systems of large Data Centre to the client’s requirements. The position is responsible for ensuring that all HVAC work on the Project is successfully executed and completed to high quality.
- Design work of required project buildings considering the Functional and Engineering Specifications as detailed by the client.
- Design Basis, HVAC Calculations and analysis, Design schemes including generation of all key drawings like Zone and pressure diagram, Air Flow and Instrumentation diagram, Air Flow Pattern plan drawings.
- Technical expertise in relevant design software for HVAC Engineering Design.
- Participation in Reliability and Redundancy studies, incorporation in system design and interface requirements.
- Review, and supervision of 3D Model and CAD-based deliverables. Assist in internal and external model reviews.
- HVAC Material & equipment specification, Equipment Mechanical Datasheets, Equipment List and Schedules.
- Material Requisitions, Subcontract Requisitions with relevant BOQ/MTO and Technical Bid Evaluations as per relevant Technical Practices.
- Functional and Performance specification of the complete system.
- Conversant with Local and International Design Codes and Standards such as Uptime Institute. ASHRAE, AHRI/ANSI/ARI, AMCA, SMACNA, NFPA, CIBSE and BS-EN Standards.
Qualifications & Experience
- Mechanical Engineer with a minimum 10 years in HVAC Design and Engineering.
- Knowledge of all types of current and evolving Cooling systems on designing, architecting and techniques of optimization.
- Proficient in Programmable Logic Controller, SCADA and DDC Controllers (preferably in Schneider brand) development and implementation for redundant system architectures on HVAC applications including chiller systems.
- Experience in Design Engineering of Data Centers, Pharmaceutical plants, Oil & Gas, Refinery, Petrochemical, Chemical and have completed at least one full Data Centre project from concept to commissioning.
- Conversant with AutoCAD, Autodesk, REVIT, and BIM and familiar with HVAC, design and drafting activities including 3D Model.
- Knowledge in energy conservation methodology for most cost effective and energy efficient system design.
- Knowledge of system controls and BAS functional requirements.
- Experience in firming up the equipment data sheet and required necessary calculation such as water and air side system calculation.
- Conversant with Hazardous area classification and requirements.
- Conversant with Biological Hazard classification and requirements.
- Knowledge of Green Mark procedures and ratings.
- Preferred Certification – ASHRAE HBDP, CHD, LEED AP
- Electrical systems and schematics
- Mechanical systems and schematics
- DDC and PLC architectures
- BACnet protocol to include IP, ETH and MS/TP
- Modbus protocol to include TCP, and RTU
- Networking Servers and Client Workstations
- Strong organisational and communicative skills are required
- Ability to establish smooth working relationships and resolve interpersonal conflicts
- Candidate should be able to travel to the site locations across the world
- Candidate must be able to work simultaneously on multiple projects in a team or independent environment.
Competencies & Behavioral Skills (“E” for Essential and “D” for Desirable)
- E – Strategic Thinking
- E – Ability to set goals and execute vision
- E – Ability to work to tight deadlines and produce good quality work
- E – Able to multitask to manage multiple projects
- E – Confident at presenting and talking to clients and vendors
- E – Self-motivated and resourceful; able to multi-task and focus on delivering results
- E – An articulate communicator with good written communication skills